When you lose your motorcycle key, you’re not just losing the key that start your bike up — you’ve lost access to the seat lock, fuel tank, helmet lock, and fork lock as well. So, it’s understandable that you may feel a little bit queasy at the thought of losing your bike key. While you can try to recall where you last placed it, sometimes searching for our keys can take longer than calling an actual locksmith.
At CRS Locksmith Services, we’re proud to be a leading provider of locksmith services throughout Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Citrus Heights, and the greater Sacramento area. Whether you’ve lost your motorcycle keys, house keys, car keys, or boat keys, we can handle all of your locksmith needs. When you contact our locksmiths, we’ll come to you to complete the job as quickly and efficiently as possible. Call us today!
Lost Motorcycle Keys? Here’s What To Do!
When you lose a motorcycle key, the first thing you’ll want to do is search for the nearest locksmith. Searching for the right locksmith can prove to be somewhat of a challenge because there are so many different companies to consider. Some things to remember to look for are:
- Check locksmith reviews in your area. If you come across a company that has good reviews from past customers, you’ve probably found your match.
- Make sure the locksmith you call offers services for motorcycles. Some locksmiths are not able to do keys for motorcycles, so be sure to ask.
- Some locksmiths will remove the gas cap of your bike because it may hold details as to the type of key you use for your ignition.
Tips On Being More Careful With Your Keys
Once the locksmith has successfully created a new copy of your motorcycle key, it’s important to ensure that the situation doesn’t happen again. Some tips to consider are:
- Always place your motorcycle key in a place that you will remember. If you have a designated key holder hanging in your home, you can give your bike key it’s own place.
- Consider making a duplicate key and keep it in a safe and secure place. That way if you end up misplacing your key in the future, you always have a backup you can use.
If you live in the Sacramento area and you’re looking for a dependable locksmith, contact the experts at CRS Locksmith Services today. We offer locksmith services for residential and commercial buildings, automotive vehicles, and motorcycles.